Ensuring your website is secure
Everyone knows how hard it is to build a website, which means that it’s also easy to take risks with your site. Some hosts don’t offer much in the way of security or backups, which leaves your site vulnerable if their servers are hacked or crash unexpectedly.
Brand9 offers secure website hosting that is reliable and affordable. We have a dedicated server for our clients only, so you know we’ll always have enough resources to run quickly and smoothly. Plus, we update them with the latest security features on a regular basis.
We understand how important your website is to you, so we’ve put together some tips on how to maintain its security:
– Create usernames with secure passwords that are difficult for hackers to guess . A good password should be long (longer than 10 characters), contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Avoid using the same username/password combination for multiple sites.
– Update your website’s software – or get someone to do it for you. Hackers look for security holes in outdated versions of common programs like WordPress. If you aren’t familiar with updating software yourself, ask Brand9 to manage it for you!
– Keep your operating system up-to-date. Just as hackers try to find errors within popular web software programs, they also look for problems in the underlying OS. Running the most recent version will keep hackers at bay.
– Check your website daily. Your website provides an easy way for hackers to enter your network if they are able to break into it. If your website is hacked, you want to be notified as soon as possible.
– Don’t download files from suspicious emails or websites. They may contain viruses that will compromise your site’s security. If someone sends you an email asking for confidential information like usernames and passwords, it’s probably a scam.
There are plenty of great hosting companies out there – but why take the chance? Brand9 offers secure website hosting that keeps your site running smoothly. To learn more about our hosting services, contact us today or find out more at https://brand9.co.uk/wordpress-hosting/.